there are a great many funding opportunities for international and home students from sources external to the university. if you do decide to approach one of these sources, please remember that:
- you must do so in plenty of time – preferably at least one year before your programme starts.
- you must make sure your scholarship application is clear and concise – if the scholarship provider has an application form, please use it.
- most scholarships only offer part payment of fees so you must be able to support yourself for the remainder.
if your scholarship application is successful please let the admissions office know.
what are chevening scholarships?
chevening scholarships are the uk government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the foreign and commonwealth office (fco) and partner organisations. the scholarships are awarded to outstanding scholars with leadership potential. awards are typically for a one-year master’s degree.
who can apply for a chevening scholarship?
chevening scholarships are for talented people who have been identified as potential future leaders across a wide range of fields, including politics, business, the media, civil society, religion, and academia. applicants should be high calibre graduates with the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership. chevening scholars come from over 110 countries worldwide (excluding the usa and the eu), and this year the scholarships will support approximately 700 individuals. there are over 41,000 chevening alumni around the world who together comprise an influential and highly regarded global network.
how to apply for a chevening scholarship
for information on applying for a chevening scholarship, sign up now for alerts at www.chevening.org and read the guidance for applicants at www.chevening.org/apply. full information about deadlines and priority subjects for countries which offer chevening scholarships are available on the country pages of www.chevening.org.
the commonwealth scholarship and fellowship plan is one of the largest and most prestigious scholarship schemes for international study in the world. since its establishment in 1959 24,000 awards have been funded by the uk, managed by the commonwealth scholarship commission in the uk (csc). we have been allocated one award for january 2018 for our msc innovative computing.
please check the scholarship entry criteria very carefully before applying.
for any enquiries about the scheme please contact our admissions team
activia training offers £1,000 in annual uk scholarships, for which students submit a video or essay. more information.
information on funding your studies can be found via the following sources:
- education uk: scholarships for international postgraduate students
- leverhulme trade charities trust:
- postgraduatestudentships: a website specifically for postgraduates that brings together all the different types of masters and doctoral level funding
- postgrad.com: details of external postgraduate bursaries
- student money: search for funding and plan budgets
- schools competition settlement trust: funding for postgraduate study and research
- ukcisa: sources of funding for your studies