school of psychology
welcome to the school of psychology at the university of buckingham, the number one university for student satisfaction in england (national student survey 2018). psychology is the study of human behaviour and mental processes. psychology scientifically investigates how thoughts, feelings and motivations influence how people act and interact with others.
- small tutorial groups for every course: a maximum of seven students in a tutorial group.
- the only 2-year psychology undergraduate degree in the uk.
- one of the best staff to student ratios in the uk: 1 member of staff for every 10.5 students.
- a unique 2+1 degree opportunity for students to obtain a bsc (hons) and msc in three years. with taught and research msc options in a wider variety of specialisms including
- msc health psychology (taught) (including work-based health psychology placement)
- centre for health and relationship research (chr)
- create (centre for research into expertise acquisition, training and excellence)
- psychology of educational development (ped)
- cyber and interpersonal behaviour research (cibr)
- all level 5 and 6 tutorials run by teaching staff; not by postgraduate students or graduate teaching assistants.
- undergraduate degree containing courses introducing students to all seven areas of professional psychology.
- two entry points onto the same programme in september (2 years and 3 months) and january (2 years).
- an active psychology society
the programme is accredited as conferring eligibility for the graduate basis for chartered membership of the bps (british psychological society), provided the minimum standard of a second class honours is achieved (read the accreditation report here). this is the first step towards becoming a chartered psychologist.
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: +44 (0)1280 828204 or +44 (0)1280 828275.
there are no upcoming events at this time.